Saturday, July 27, 2013

Third Page Complete!

So page three is done. Every panel on there had something completely different going on, so  there was a lot experimenting on the color for each one.

This page is basically gags about the oversaturation of shooting coverage. I don't recall exactly how the C-Span 2 gag came about, but I don't think it was a crack on anything I'd seen on that network (does anyone actually watch C-Span 2?). I think it was more of a "if it's on this channel it has to be on all the others" type of gag.

One small thing I did add was the 90's Hardball logo to the panel with Chris Matthews, which being a regular Hardball viewer, was kind of a treat. Though I don't always agree with Matthews (like the things he's saying in that panel, for example), I do enjoy his show. I felt the Hardball logo would help readers know who he was, especially in the context of Stick having just watched Geraldo Rivera on CNBC a few panels ago. With the hyper partisan cable news media of today, it's hard to imagine Rivera and Matthews on the same network. Little stuff like that is one of the joys of re-mastering a comic from the 90's.

And of course there's Stickboy, my main character, finally making an appearance. I've always liked the intro for his character in this story. He looks wonderful in color, I can't imagine him any other way now. Love that green backpack (subconscious Adventure Time influence, perhaps?). If  this series takes off and they ever make a figure of Stickboy, he's absolutely coming with a bright green backpack.

And it's great to finally see Stick's dorm room in color (of course, Stick's sheets are blue!). Ironically, the panels we see here with Stick are the only two panels that take place at college in the issue, since this is an "at home" story.

There will be lots of wonderful facial contortions from Stick in the next page and we'll get to see what his room looks like. Until then, here's page three...

No comments:

Post a Comment