Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Stickboy's Audition


Character designs are a bit like an audition for a movie or show, making sure the character can perform in any given scene. So having got the design for the character down, I needed to figure out how I could express emotion with him. Could his face and body show a wide range of emotion, even with his eyes just being dots?

The first pic is me going through a range of facial expressions with him.



The next page is seeing how he would move, having him express emotion just through body language.


The third is a combination of the two with more experimentation with the eyes.



The biggest goal with the character was that he be expressive and could show the reader, almost without dialog, what he was feeling. I feel like old Stick passed with flying colors. Now I just needed to give some him friends....


Next: Designing Psychoboy

No comments:

Post a Comment