Wednesday, July 24, 2013

College Follies: The Pitch, Part 1 of 3


So in between me completing pages of the comic, I'll also be posting bits of art I've done for the series over the years. I felt like it was appropriate to start with the overview for the series that my independent study teacher required of me in college back in 1999. She wanted a synopsis of the first issue with character sketches, so I did a three page pitch for her.

This is probably one of the earliest, if not the earliest, sketch of Stickboy  and Psychoboy after I figured out what they'd look like. Notice how they're slightly "off model" from the way I usually draw them (the part in Stick's hair is off and Psychoboy's hair is drawn with a zillion spikes instead of the few I'd simplify it down to so I could draw him consistently).

Excuse the crudeness of these pages, they were done in pencil, and are a little bit sketchy, but I've always felt there was a bit of charm to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment