Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Social Media on Parade: A logo by any other name...

So we close out our look at the current art on College Follies' social media sites with a look at what acts as my avatar on almost every site: my publishing logo.
 
When the comic series is published, I'll need a company name for the studio putting it out.  I'm going with the name CF Comics. It's a studio that currently exists at my kitchen table and only has one unpaid employee (me), but you got to start somewhere.
 
Obviously, CF stands for College Follies. As much as I enjoyed reading Tyrant by Spiderbaby Grafix back in the 90s or Accelerators by Blue Juice Comics currently, it's hard to remember the company names when they don't have much to do with the comics. So hopefully CF Comics will help people find it, even if they can only remember the comic begins with a "C." It's a theory, at least.
 
I plan to use a logo as a picture box in the corner for future comics (starting with the second issue) featuring a character inside the logo (currently, my main character Stickboy):
 
 
This is, of course, inspired by the old corner box logos Marvel used to do on its comics in the 1980s. The logo is a digital cutout laid over an image of Stickboy, so it gives me the freedom to switch out the character at the bottom at any time. I created the CF letters myself in Photoshop, carving a "C" out of a circle and the "F" out of a rectangle.
 
Unfortunately, shrinking it down to the size of a website avatar made it too small to be effective. So for my online logo, I'm going with a version I colored in for the Dark Knight Returns parody image I did. It looks nice, I like that shade of blue. And it's a lot easier to fit in the tiny space most sites provide for avatars than a face shot of a character would be.
 
So there you have it, everything you ever wanted to know about the current main images on the various College Follies pages around the net! Come back tomorrow for more artwork from my endless bag of cool stuff!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment