Saturday, June 21, 2014

Spreading the word at Heroes Con!

Below is a brand new flyer I printed out yesterday on the release of the comic! I’m taking a couple hundred of these to Charlotte today for Heroes Con, my state’s biggest convention. They’ll go on the hand out table and I’ll be handing some out too.

I decided not to go as a creator this year. It’s $300 for a table for three days, plus a fee for wi fi and electricity if I use that. Getting a hotel room would run close to $300 itself. And that’s not counting the costs for any promotional materials or comics I print up (which also runs in the hundreds). That’s a lot of money. I’ve only been to one small con so I want to have some idea of what I’m doing before I even consider spending that kind of money. Plus I had no idea the comic would be released on Comixology by now.

I’ll be doing a local con next month and I’m contemplating a large convention in Durham in November which is half the cost of Heroes Con. It's still a lot of money, but I would like to try a bigger con to see what it's like if I can afford it.


No comments:

Post a Comment