Friday, June 20, 2014

Getting College Follies #1, Episode III: Comixology!



So this is the last video in my series on getting and using the comic on the different sites it’s available on. Comixology is obviously the biggest and hardest to get on, so it felt really good seeing my comic on my smart phone finally. I was using Google Chrome while reading the comic on my computer because Internet Explorer wouldn’t let me move around in single page mode. This is a glitch that seems new to their revamped digital comic format, so if you run into problems on your PC, try a different browser.

I used Microsoft Expressions to do screen captures for the part that’s on my computer. And you’ll notice I got a clean recording of my voice with no buzzing. The buzzing on the last one was my CAD USB U1 microphone. After trying many different online remedies I think I found the causes: one was the close proximity to my laptop screen and the other was the light coming from florescent light bulbs in my apartment. So I hooked my laptop to my TV screen (which doubles as a monitor) and used the ridiculously long microphone cord to sit on my loveseat and do the voice over from there with my lamps off. And it worked perfectly.

So just to summarize, my microphone, for no apparent reason developed a weakness to particular types of light. So now it’s a vampire microphone. Hey, whatever works.

For the part where I shot my smart phone and I originally wanted to shoot it with the window open but my camera ended up focusing on the bush outside my window instead of my phone. So I reshot it with the blinds closed.
n
I’m currently taking time off from work. I’ve got a lot of other video ideas but I’m not sure which ones I’ll have time to do. I definitely want to knock out at least one page out on issue three since issue one’s sudden release has prevented me from working on it for the last week and I still want to get it done by early July. Tomorrow I’m heading to Heroes Con with newly printed flyers on the comic’s release. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment