Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Getting College Follies #1...The Sequel! Amusedom Strikes Back!



I hope this video will encourage people to check out Amusedom. It's a great little site.

So this was kind of fun to record. I had a good laugh in some earlier takes with the nude women popping up on the front page. But I also had some severe problems recording the video, My camera just didn't like the site. The sides of the screen became wavy after I downloaded the video onto my computer. I did two separate recordings (each requiring a dozen takes) and neither worked. 

So I found a program called Microsoft Expressions that lets you record what's happening on your computer screen while recording your voice through whatever microphone you have. This worked perfectly. I actually did this video in one take on the first try.

But then I got it to YouTube and noticed a slight buzzing and other noises in the background. I think the problem is my microphone, since I've tested it on another program I now have same the problem. I haven't figured out what it is or why it didn't happen with the other voice overs I recorded with it a few months ago. 

So I put some background music in the video with YouTube's Video Editor to cover it up. I hope the music isn't not too loud, that's literally as low as it would go.  I still think turned out okay. The music is kind of interesting, maybe I'll try it on other videos.

And so tomorrow the comic is finally released on Comixiology

No comments:

Post a Comment