Sunday, February 23, 2014

Page One Pencils...Ready!

The pencils for page one are done. I'll show it in two parts. Here's the top half:
 
 
 
I'll be copying Stickboy's body and the background from the first panel into the second one when I ink/color the issue digitally. This technique saves time and helps with consistency between panels.
 
Here's the bottom panel:
 
 
Here we get to meet the monster of the story: Killamari. He likes to eat people, destroy buildings and pick on super heroes who've killed every monster they've ever encountered. I'm sure this will work out just swimmingly for him.
 
I'll talk most about Killamari when I complete the page in a few weeks but right now I'll just say that I drew a lot of monsters in my super hero comics in high school but most were based on human anatomy, just with claws, horns, etc. added. Trying to figure out how a fish's head would fit on a man's body is whole 'nother level of crazy. It's challenging, but I think he turned out okay for his first panel.
 
Next up, drawing page two!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment