Sunday, February 9, 2014

Look what's on the Tube, it's a video for issue two!



Alright so another video down. This is the first one I did at home using the movie software that came on my computer and a CAD U1 USB Recording Microphone I got recently. The sound quality is different with the mic. Not sure if it's better or worse. Let me know what you guys think of the sound quality and volume.

I tried speaking unscripted into the mic for this video, hoping it would sound more natural. Not sure if that worked, but it's okay. Since I didn't script it, I forgot to mention that this was the first comic I inked digitally in the video, but I'll probably be devoting some later videos to process, so it's alright.

Unsurprisingly, it's a lot more difficult to do it with free software than the type you pay for. I used Windows Live Movie Maker to create the slideshow since it can export HD video but doesn't have the ability to record a voice over. So I used Cyberlink Director (which can record voice overs but can't output HD video) to record little snip-its of sound, which I then brought into Movie Maker. Trimming the sound clips and slides in Movie Maker isn't as easy as I'm used to, but it gets the job done. The only real restriction is it will only let me determine the general direction of a slide's movement and gives me no control over anything else (now fast it moves, how much it moves, exactly where it moves, ect) so I don't think the slide movements are quite as nice. The Intro clip is taken from previous videos and put in there using YouTube's video editor since videos with sound already in them won't work when I drag them into Windows Live Movie Maker. It's a longer, more convoluted process, but it gets the job done.

And with that, I'm off to issue three!

No comments:

Post a Comment