Sunday, February 2, 2014

Letter Column and Teaser Finished! Second Issue Complete!!!

Alright so I just did the editorial on the letter page and laid in the teaser for next issue, so now the second issue is done!

Now it's not yet ready to uploaded yet. I'm still going to do one last round of proofing on it first. then it'll  be uploaded to Amusedom and I'll have the PDFs ready for if Comixology picks me up. I'm still waiting on Comixology to get back to me before setting any release schedules.

So I'm going to leave you with the teaser for issue three. I'll discuss it more when I begin work on the issue, but let me just say if you ever want to truly appreciate the design of something, trying creating a parody of it. It forces you to examine every little bit of design work to mimic it, even in a superficial way. Even the subtle shape of a visor can speak volumes. The amount of work that goes into this stuff is tremendous.

And it's not always easier to do something in shadow. It can be harder since there's so little visual information to communicate with and getting the shadows and highlights right can be challenging. I'm actually glad it's the only time you'll see these guys in shadow but I couldn't resist lampoon this particular image.

Anyway, just designing the helmets for this got me super excited. I can't wait to get started on next issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment