Thursday, March 27, 2014

Page One Ready! Giant Monsters Making Terrible Puns!

Page one is done! Here's the page with some quick commentary below...



Panel one- This is essentially the opening of the TV episode, complete with episode title. Again I'm able to at least give lip service to the fact that Stickboy's in college. I love all the stuff I've loaded him down with. Note the Chiggy life preserver. I think I'll be sneaking Chiggy into every issue in some form.

Panel two- Our two fleeing pedestrains here are inspired by Bulk and Skull, the comedy duo of Power Rangers. There was no characters in existance that were more fitting to run past Stickboy.

Panel three- "Aw, man" was a line that kept coming up in early seasons of Power Rangers (kind of like "I have a bad feeling about this" for Star Wars) so I had to work it in there somewhere.

Page four- Love Stickboy's dialog here and, yes, brace yourself for more terrible puns, this is a Power Rangers parody afterall. A little inside joke with the principal and the school resource officer from issue one at the beach together here. They do make a lovely couple. 

So my first completely new story page in 13 years is done! Onto page two!

No comments:

Post a Comment