Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hey look, fictional Super Rangers merchandise!

Between a busy afternoon at work and walking around zombie-like after working til 2:30 a.m., I didn't have time to draw a page last night so I did this little piece below. I'll be using it as a promotional ad and  probably a filler to help issue two get to the 8 page length it needs for print-on-demand.
 
This gag is inspired by a talking plush doll I got for $5 of one of the Power Rangers Samurai. He says phrases from the series when you push his chest. Life just isn't complete until you can have a doll say "Power Rangers Samurai, victory is ours." whenever you want. Anyway, it got me thinking what it would be like if there were dolls like that for issue three's Power Rangers parody.
 
Worth noting is the inclusion of Stickboy's girlfriend Kinkygirl who doesn't appear in the issue but if I ever do a follow-up, would have some gags as the Hot Pink Ranger. The line that popped in my head for her was just too good not to put in...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment