Thursday, August 1, 2013

Political Cartoon-palooza! Campus Parking

So in between pages, along with past comic art, I thought it might be nice to occasionally post a political cartoon I did back in 2004-2005 when I was the cartoonist for The Pine Needle, the student newspaper of the University of North Carolina at Pembroke.

In these cartoons I'd use Stickboy anytime I needed to represent a typical college student, so he appeared in several of them. This first one is about flooding on campus. And, no, that is not an exaggeration, the water was really that high in the parking lots, heck sometimes higher, and students' cars did get flooded quite a bit. I saw on the news that when the flooding was really bad near the dorms, students would go outside and float around on their mattresses. Ah, the joy of higher education in a flood plain!

No comments:

Post a Comment