Monday, September 1, 2014

Issue Four Script Done! Typing up Psychoboy!

So I've completed the script for issue four. While I'll say that it was a lot of fun scripting it as I created the art on the first three pages, it did make me worry about how long the story would run. In this case, it was for two important reasons: 

First, I'm trying to get this done by October and if it's too long that'll be impossible.

Second, I was hoping to keep the price point down to $2 in print at conventions. I don't want the print to cost more than one dollar over the online edition (which is 99 cent). If it went above a certain page threshold that price point would be impossible without losing money.

I am very glad to say the story came in at 8 pages exactly without having to sacrifice or cram anything down. This is the exact right length for a $2 price point in print and 99 cent online. It's also the right length for me to finish up production in mid October. And best of all, it's damn good stuff.

The bad news is I have yet to get Psychoboy's campaign site and postings going. I'm going to try to remedy that  before my next convention, though I have some other stuff I need to do for the launch of issue 3 next week so it's going to be a tight schedule. I'm only one guy and I can only do so much at once time, so be patient. It'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment