Friday, September 5, 2014

ComiXology Responds To Issue Two...And It Came Up Short....

So ComiXology finally responded to issue two. I submitted it at the first of June and got the response last night and they rejected it. Why?

Here's what the email said (complete with typo):

"- Other: We have a minimum requirement of 8 story pages not including cover and credits page. Please resubmit when you have more then 5 pages of story."

It turns out it took them three months to figure out the story was five pages. Well, hopefully not. I would like to think they examined the other aspects of it, determining it was good enough for their site, so they would know that length was the only objection. It would make sense since everything in the issue (lettering, coloring, pdf settings, etc.) is exactly same as the first issue that they excepted and now have on sale. The only difference is that the inking on issue two is A LOT better since I did it digitally.

So I just make it longer and I'm good, right? So I'll be automatically accepted like last time, when I corrected another automatic denial that mystifyingly was not included in their FAQ or submission guidelines, right?

Well, maybe. The email said nothing about tentative acceptance this time. It was phrased completely differently:

"Dear Todd Luck,
Unfortunately, we're unable to accept your comic College Follies 2 at this time. Below are our recommendations for revisions or improvements that might make your comic more appropriate for comiXology in the future.

Please consider them for your next submission, and we wish you much success in your future comic book endeavors."


So if length was the only problem, why would it be phrased this way? Certainly they know I can just slap another short on there and resubmit.

So I'm unsure what's going on. I'm going to assume once I get it up to eight pages or above, I'm in. I'm currently racing to get issue four out by October so I don't have time to create a new three page story at the moment. So I'm just going to put a three page preview for issue three in there and resubmit it today.
  
In the meantime, you can read issue two and issue three (the Power Ranger parody issue) on both Amusedom and DriveThruComics. And, like I said, issue one is on ComiXology, waiting to be joined by the rest of series...


No comments:

Post a Comment