Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Super Rangers, Font Replacement Is Ours!

Since I now know Comixology will not except pages with comic sans as the font, I'm using a new font from here on out on new pages. 

But that also means redoing the ones I'd already finished on issue three. Being an action oriented Power Ranger parody, the dialog is more sparse so this was quick and merciful to do. It also gave me the chance to go back and correct something that was bothering me on the early pages. 

When I originally was trying to do the "show text" for the title and credits for the "episode" of Super Rangers in the issue, I couldn't find how to do drop shadows on the text. The outlines I used instead on the white text didn't look that great and were hard to read. So after some researched I discovered how to do drop shadows. Not only is the text more legible, but it's also a dead ringer for the text used on the show, which makes me all kinds of happy. 

For those who've been keeping track, I am supposed to be working on convention stuff for this Saturday and that's exactly what this is, since I plan to have the cover, title page and first three pages of issue three for people to browse through. 

And now...on to page three!





No comments:

Post a Comment