Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Page Two Ready! Stickboy Morphs!!!

Alright so here's page two for issue three with commentary below.


This is possibly my favorite page I've done for a comic.

Panel 1- The morphing sequence is pretty much straight from the show. The terms are changed (from morphing to transmorphing) since this is a parody and they're Super Rangers and not literally Power Rangers. The pose is taken directly from the show and makes even Stickboy look bad ass, though God knows how he's keeping a morpher in the back of his swim trunks.

Panel 2- I love this panel. I LOVE lightening effects. They look great here. The show basically has a ton of lightening around them that covers everything but their arms, head and the morpher. Here I interpreted it as coming out of the transmorpher.

Panel 3- While the original Power Rangers just showed the scene in panel two and cut to the ranger morphed, I didn't know if this would be clear to the reader. I added an in-between scene to attempt to show the actual transformation into the ranger.

Panel 4- Monsters aren't only ones making terrible puns. The striking a pose and saying a line is, of course, a Ranger tradition. And Power Rangers just wouldn't be complete without the sound effects when they swing their arms.

Panel 5- Here's Psychoboy teleporting in. I didn't think the teleporting effect on the show would translate well into comics so I created my own and I think it looks pretty cool.

So next up, page three and...Lavender Ranger!

No comments:

Post a Comment