Sunday, September 22, 2013

Page 11 is finished!

Page 11 is done.
 
Again, I'm only featuring part of it to avoid spoilers. This was a quicker page because most of it was taken up by the big panel below. Bigger panels require a lot less work and I can kind of understand why a lot of modern comics are so reliant on them. If I made the rest of the series one panel a page close ups of Stickboy's face it would cut down on the workload. But here I felt a bigger image was justified to show how many news vans and such were closing in on the school. And yes, our overly excited principal is saying something in the corner panel, but I've taken it out  so as not to spoil the scene.
 
This big panel is dealing with how newscasters would flock to schools that dismissed due to threats (which were always hoaxes where I lived) just after Columbine. I've always liked the line about not wanting to get blocked in by CNN. Incidentally, now that I'm a newspaper reporter, I have had to do an extra circle around the block when news vans take up all the parking around a heavily covered event. It's life imitating art or something like that.
 
Only four pages to go in the first story!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment