Saturday, September 28, 2013

My first flyers for surprise comic conventions!

Page 12 is finished but I don't have time to post panels or write about it. I've got a morning assignment, followed by a race to get to a comic convention in Archdale to deliver this flyer (shown below) I hastily made and put together yesterday.
 
As far as I knew the only local con this Fall was one in Winston-Salem at the end of October by Burke Street Comics. Well Burke Street is instead doing one tomorrow, which I only found out about a few days ago. That gave me way too little lead time to see if I could go as a comic creator, but I could at least print flyers for their handout table. I figured I could just get the flyers printed Saturday, no sweat. Then Thursday night I saw was there was a convention by Stormcrow Comics in Archdale today.
 
So I slapped this flyer together between work and finishing page 12 yesterday and called the first print shop that was still open after five to see if I could get it printed (the UPS Store, which did a good job for a reasonable price). Doing color was a bit more expensive than I would've liked but I didn't have time to design something in black and white. Maybe next time. I've got 200 of these little flyers printed up. Hopefully they'll get the attention of some folks around here.
 
I'll be posting the finished art from page 12 with commentary tomorrow before hitting the convention right down the street from me. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment