Monday, September 2, 2013

Battlestar Galactica Theatre by Me (Age 5)

Continuing my commentary on images in my YouTube intro video, today I'll talk about the "comic" I did in crayon at age five. I used the first few panels from this story I drew to illustrate in the video that I'd been making sequential art all my life.

This particular story was based on the original Battlestar Galactica. I was a huge fan of the show when I was a kid. so one summer I filled most of a 70 sheet spiral bound notebook with two Battlestar "comics" with one or two panels a page, using both sides of each sheet. The stories are pretty simple. In the first one the heroes meet Cylons and have a series of fights, the Imperious Leader yells at the Cylons when they lose, and eventually it escalates into a big battle with a bunch of Base Ships the good guys blow up. They end up back on the Galactica talking and playing games and then we finish with the shot of the fleet in space that ends every episode

The second one I'm a little less sure what's going, but there's definitely battles and somehow there's also a game of Pyramid (Galactica's version of Basketball) and cameos by Daggit the robot dog, Baltar and the freaky Satan guy who appeared in that two-parter. 

Crudely drawn in crayon but a lot of fun to look at, these are honestly some of my favorite images in the video. Maybe some day I'll have time to scan more of them and show the whole story.


 




\

No comments:

Post a Comment