Monday, October 13, 2014

Issue Four, Page Seven Done! Psychoboy plays Hardball!

Finished page seven over the weekend. Only one more page left in the story.

I'm going to show some panels without lettering so as not to spoil the ending... 


Yup, it's Chris Matthews on Hardball again. I did a panel of him in issue one from the late 90s so taking another stab at the likeness while capturing the look of the modern show was a thrill. The pic of Psychoboy is from his announcement that he's running for office off social media.


Here we do a reveal that Psycho is the one watching the broadcast. Now, originally I had just planned for Stickboy and Psychoboy to stand there and talk after that and then for Psycho to make a speech on the next page. But I realized I needed to establish the stage, the crowd, where Stickboy was, etc for the speech. So I used the same dialog but instead did this... 



I basically have a couple panels showing them walking from the green room to the podium. It's actually a little more natural this way and a bit more interesting than them standing there talking. Plus I love that panel.

And one last panel, this one doesn't have much dialog so I can show it without spoiling anything...

So the last page should be done this week and I'll have the letter column done by the weekend. I'm tentatively planning for a release next week, but I want to get a little further in before I announce anything concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment