Saturday, August 23, 2014

Issue Four, Page Two Done! The Many Firings of Psychoboy!

Here's the page with commentary below... 
 
 
Panel 1- The color scheme and uniforms are based on Mooby's in Kevin Smith's movies (most notably it was used as the setting for Clerks 2), again with the idea that my characters occasionally wander into the View Askew universe.
 
Panel 2- I kept trying to think of inappropriate bands/musicians for a Catholic church when Marilyn Manson popped in my head. I chuckled and that's usually when I know a gag works for me.
 
Panel 3- It was a real thrill drawing Green Ranger here. Obviously this is Psycho getting fired from his position as Lavender Ranger in Super Rangers (as seen in issue three). The kitten orphanage was the worst possible thing I could think of he could have stepped on with his zord.
 
Panel 4- Who could resist a Miley Cyrus VMA gag?
 
Panel 5- I love this monologue.
 
Next up, page three and Stickboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment