Friday, January 31, 2014

Page Five Finished! Second Story Complete!!!

Well, I finished lettering page five of issue two, so I'm done with that story! Not much I can show without spoiling the end, but how about this panel? Dino has an idea!
 

Actually a good bit of the last page focuses on her and has little or no dialog so the page was relatively easy to do and had the quickest turn around thus far. It wasn't planned to be an easy page, but it is sometimes nice to coast over the finish line after a long sprint.

And so after 13 year I can FINALLY say the second story for College Follies is done! Well, the story is. If it was 2000 and this was still a back up story, I would be "done done." But since this will be released as its own short issue digitally I'm not quite done yet. I got the cover, title page and backcover done up front, but there's still the matter of the letter column, which I'll be doing a teaser for issue three on. So I've got one last image to create for this issue that I'll be knocking out this weekend, announcing the first completely new story in the series since 2000!

And then I've also got to look over the pages, make corrections and do some other odds and ends before it's complete. So still a little bit to go before shawarma time (or however I'm celebrating this time).

And so I'll leave you with the first panel I drew when I started the work to finish this story, which is now complete...

 
Just eat the damn fries already!
 
While I still got a little work to do to wrap up the issue, I will say it's good to finally have Dino walk out of the exit of Super Happy-Mart. It took a little time to get there. but it's been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment