Sunday, October 27, 2013

The College Follies "Get Them To Like Me On Facebook" Challenge



So I've been working on the comic for a little over three months now and I'm pretty much done with the first issue (and getting ready to submit it). During that time, I've been on social media interacting with potential readers, trying to get followers.

I've had a good response on Google+, which I'm enjoying a lot. I've met some really great people through the communities there.

On Twitter, I'm doing okay. I'm still figuring out Twitter out as I go.

But Facebook, it's a problem. I'm getting very few likes no matter what I try.

Which is a little discouraging.

But I've got an idea.

I'm going to let you guys figure it out for me in my first contest:

The College Follies "Get Them To Like Me On Facebook" Challenge

Whoever comes up with the best way to get people to like the College Follies Facebook page wins.

The prize will be a printed copy of the first and only College Follies issue printed in 2000. This is the comic I'm currently touching up, coloring and turning into a digital comic. Only 50 copies were printed and the orginal files for it have been lost, so if this story ever goes to press again, it'll be using the touched up files I'm working on now. So this is a rare chance to get the issue as originally done, unedited, warts and all.

The rules are simple:

1. Like the College Follies Facebook page at facebook.com/collegefollies

2. Do something to get people to like the page.

This can be anything you want.

In my Facebook and Google+ posts for this contest, I'm going to include some art from the comic you can add text to and turn into promotional images, but there's plenty of  other art on both pages and this blog you can use to create images to plug the Facebook page.

You can also create your own images or you don't even have to use images at all. It could be some text you post, a verbal plug, a video you make, a yard sign, sky writing...anything that gets people to like the page.

3) Document what you do and share it to the College Follies Facebook page.

For images, text or video you post online somewhere, sharing a link or post should be easy. If it's something in the "real world" just document it in some fashion to prove you did it and share it to the Facebook page.

The contest will run until the College Follies Facebook page gets one hundred likes. That may take a week. That may take a year. However long that takes is how long the contest lasts.

Since it'll be hard to tell how many likes I get from a specific entry, I'll be judging them subjectively based on what I think is best, in other words what I think is the most creative, appealing and effective entry.

The winner will be announced via this blog and all the other College Follies social media pages, including Facebook, so be sure to check my updates for the winner.

And that's it. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Good luck to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment