Sunday, October 20, 2013

Page 15 Done! First Story Finished!

 
Darn straight Stickboy!
 
So page 15, the final page of the first story, is done! That one panel is the only finished image I can show without giving the ending away, but lets just say it's really good and was always my favorite part of the story.  And, no, Stick and Psycho don't drive over a cliff Thelma and Louise style.
 
But a finished story is not a finished comic. As anyone who's ever laid out a publication knows, there's no such thing as a comic with 15 interior pages. Pages are printed on the front and back of each sheet so there has to be an even number of pages (16 in this case). And since I had a cover and inside cover (title page) I had to have a back cover and inside back cover. This is true of the comic when it was printed in 2000 and remains true even now as I turn it into a digital edition.
 
Thus, I've got the following pages to do:
 
1) Letters page (taken up by an editorial)
2) The inside back (with an old author bio and a humorous disclaimer)
3) The back cover
 
The first two will be scanned, in but should require little work to color/update for this new release of the issue. For the last one I'll be creating a brand new house ad  plugging College Follies on social media, which should be relatively easy too.
 
I've also got to make some very minor corrections on some of the pages and proof the comic. Though the comic was thoroughly proofed back in the day and I've been looking over and reading over it during the entire process, mistakes could happen at any point in the process. I want to get this right. 
 
I plan on getting a lot done next week. All this may be knocked out within the week and I'll be submitting it by the weekend  or I may be submitting it the middle of next week.
 
Either way I'm super glad to be in the home stretch on this incredible creative journey and look forward to the next one, as I finally finish the second College Follies story after 13 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment