Sunday, October 6, 2013

Page 13 Complete!

Page 13 is done.

This begins the final scene of the first story as Stickboy arrives at the local school prom to meet Psychoboy...

 
As you can see they've tightened up the security a little. And Stick's looking pretty good in a tux.
 
And then we meet Psychoboy's girlfriend for the issue, Lisa aka the excuse to have our heroes visit a high school in this story. This is probably her only appearance as Psycho changes girlfriends (and everything else) every time you see him. She's inspired by a girl I went to college with, who was one of the few people I've met who I thought "Yeah, she looks like a character in College Follies."
 
 
 
Not too many more panels I can show without spoiling things, but I'll throw this one in here since it's the one of the few panels without dialog in the entire issue...
 
 
I'd also like to note this is the first scene that takes place at night, so I had figure out what color the night is. In this case it turned out to be dark blue. All the background colors are a little darker than normal, but I didn't want to get in the trap a lot of modern comics get into where everything is colored so dark you can't see the line work. It's important finding that balance to letting the reading know it's a low lit scene and making it too dark to read.
 
So I'll leave you with one last panel to ponder and that's all you're getting out of me on this page. Only two more to go! 
 
 

\

 

No comments:

Post a Comment