Thursday, July 31, 2014

Issue Four...Psycho Goes To Washington!

So issue four is called "Psychoboy Goes To Washington." In it, Psychoboy runs for the House of Representatives, recruiting his best bud Stickboy to be his campaign manager.

I haven't written the script yet, but I'm thinking it should be around nine pages long and cost 99 cent online. Since I'm capturing an entire campaign in a short story, obviously they'll be lots of jumping around in time and summarizing in the story. But the comic will only be part of it.

I also want to tell the story online in an interactive way. Psychoboy will have an actual virtual campaign while I'm working on the issue. He'll have a campaign site and be posting on social media. Having no convictions of his own, he'll be asking you what he should stand for, letting you write his platform. He'll also be posting hilarious campaign ads, both memes and the occasional YouTube video as well as various other miscellaneous nonsense. It's going to be a lot of fun and I hope a lot of people sign up for and share his posts.

If you want to be an early adaptor and join Team Psycho you're more than welcome to look Psychoboy up on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ and start liking and following him now. I'll be launching everything within a couple weeks and I'll let you guys know when the campaign is ready to go.

With the added virtual campaign, I'll be posting on here a lot less. There will still be posts to let you know what my progress is, I always want you guys to know where I'm at, but they'll be less detailed and less frequent. I'll still posting announcements and whenever I completely finish a page. Showing every bit of the creation of the series was great when that's all I had to show, but now that the series is out, it's time to switch gears and try something new and different that I hope you guys will enjoy.

My goal is have the issue done in October. I doubt I'll hit my original goal of having it done the first week of October but there shouldn't be any problem getting it out before the election.

In my next post I'll be announcing my fall convention appearances. Until then, remember to vote early, vote often and vote Psychoboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment