Friday, July 11, 2014

Page 12 Ready! The Third Story is Done!!!


The third story is done! The last page is a post-episode "commercial" with the Rangers that combines Public Service Announcements with charitable commercials that were common back in the 1990s. Most of it is Stickboy and Psychoboy looking at the and reader talking like this...


Since their bodies repeat in every panel, I inked and colored the first panel and duplicated it to the rest of the panels, changing the expressions and adding some hand  gestures in various panels. It worked well and sped up things. I can't show you the rest of the panels of them talking without giving away the gag, but I can show the panel that turned it from a quick sprint into a long run to get this sucker finished...


Yeah, I couldn't resist. I just kept putting monsters in there. It's homages to some of the more prominant or memorable monsters-of-the-day in the first couple seasons of Power Rangers. None are meant to be exact duplicates of the show, just monsters that have the same feel as Pudgy Pig, Eye Guy, etc.

The page honestly could've been left out, but the gag was simply too good not to do. You'll know what I'm talking about when you get the comic.

So that's it for the story. So now all that's left is doing an editorial and a teaser for issue four on the letter column and proofing the story before I send it off to Comixology and upload it on other sites.

I'm about to pull out Ultra Mode and finish this bad boy off!

No comments:

Post a Comment