Friday, November 8, 2013

Up Next, the Second Story!

With the first story done, I'll soon begin working on the second story for the series.

The stories were usually conceived of and plotted in no particular order. When I was pitching the series to comic publishers in 2000, I had to plan out what would be in the first few issues. The first completed story "Natural Wanna Bes" actually ended up being the second issue in the planned series. The plan was to introduce the college cast in the first issue, and then in the second I'd introduce the "at home" cast that Stickboy would hang with when not in school. "Wanna Bes" would introduce his best bud Psychoboy and a back-up story would introduce Stick's ex-girlfriend, Dino.
After I ended up completing "Wanna Bes" for my senior project and submitting it to publishers in 2000, I decided to go ahead and do the planned back-up story that would accompany it. Entitled "Everyone Says I Love You (Even Though I Really Wish They Wouldn't)," it's the complete opposite of  "Wanna Bes," which is a grandiose story dealing with the current events of the time. This is a more grounded. slice-of-life story about Stickboy walking his ex-girlfriend to her car and the strangeness that ensues from it. It's semi-autobiographical, based on something that happened to me and it's a lot of fun. I think it really shows the range of the series, how every story is different.
The story, which is five pages long, was mostly penciled with several panels left to draw on the last page. I'll be adding a new cover, title page and back cover since this little short will have its own release as a .99 cent digital comic.

So there you have it! Next up is an anti-romantic comedy 13 years in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment