Sunday, March 29, 2015

Raiders of the Lost Con



With that title, I really wish I'd gotten a shot of the guy dressed as Indiana Jones. Anyway. so I did Jay and Eddie's Comicshow again. A well put together show like usual.  We actually had a bigger space this time at a new location. There was great mix of local talent with many comic and collectible vendors. Heck, we even had Ecto 1 parked outside from the Carolina Ghostbusters and an actress from this season of Walking Dead who had a table.

All we seemed to be lacking were attendees. I was working on a page (while struggling to stay awake, I was pretty beat), but almost every attendee I saw I'd seen at numerous conventions before. A wider audience with new faces just didn't seem to pop up and regulars didn't seem to appear in numbers as large as I expected. The creators I talked to seemed to have a slow day. Vendors probably had a better time of it, since attendees tended to head towards them.

I had a banner across the front of my table and my tall banner to the ceiling and I still felt invisible. I'm not why more people didn't come out. It did suddenly turn bitter cold again, so maybe the weather deterred people, and...I don't know maybe people have something against going to conventions in March. Maybe they're giving up pop culture for Lent or something, I don't know.

Anyway, hope they get a bigger response next time because it certainly deserves it. I'm thankful for the few interactions I had (I had some fun showing my Power Ranger parody issue to some kids) and sales I got. And I did get pencils done on the first page of issue five. I'll try to ink it today. I hope I'm feeling a bit more chipper at the next convention, which is only a month away!


No comments:

Post a Comment