Wednesday, May 21, 2014

College Follies' Release: What's Next?

As I've posted previously, College Follies #1 was accepted by ComiXology on April 28. Their site says it takes several months to get it up and that they'll email me a week before it goes live.  The first issue being released for computers and mobile devices by the world's largest digital comic distributor is a huge step.


But until then I've still got plenty of work to do on the release of the series, along with working on issue three (the Power Ranger parody issue, which should be completed by July). The work includes:

Issue Two- I need to change the font for issue two from Comic Sans, which is a font ComiXology doesn't allow. I want to submit issue two to them as soon as I can in case it takes awhile for them to review and process it. 

Advance PDF release- I also need to submit to Drivethru Comics, which sales downloadable PDFs of comics. Drivethru examines the first issue and then lets you control when the rest go live. They prefer for comics to premier on their site, so I'll be doing an advance releases on their site first. Now I won't have control over when the first issue goes live, so whenever it does go live, I'll let you guys know. Submission should be a cinch, it's just organizing and resaving my PDFs for the comic in a certain way.

Advance Digital Comic Release- The web-only digital comic version for Amuesdom.com is ready to go, it just needs a few adjustments. When Drivethru goes live, I'll have Amusedom go live, giving you two options to get  the comic in advance ahead of the Comixology release. Amusedom doesn't have guided view like ComiXology but it's a solid digital comic format that lets me put whatever I want online instantly. I'll even have the variant cover available on there if you'd rather get that one.

Promotional stuff- I'll need to make some changes to the blog and get promotional images together to post. I think I'll even put a sketch book for issue one on Amusedom, which will be cool. I've also have to write a press release and figure out who to send it to. 

None of this takes a lot of time, but on top of producing issue three, it can be a lot. I'm going try to pace myself so I can put out new pages and still get all this done on top of my day job and having some semblance of a life. 

I wish I had release dates to share, but I'll be shouting from the rooftops when I get the word. So follow me on Facebook, Google+, Twitter or this blog for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment